I read an article earlier this week listing trends we're likely to see based on a survey by a firm (RCLO) of Echo Boomers (kids of baby boomers born between 1980 and the early 2000s).
- They like an urban feel but not necessarily in the city. Although suburbs are not their cup of tea either.
- Walkability is a big plus.
- No lawns to mow.
- Outdoor fire pits are a big plus.
- No formal dining rooms but big spaces for friends to gather - think party room or game room. Not necessarily in their own home.
- Big shower - no tub
- Space in front of the TV for Wii.
- And even meals are in front of the TV; they're not looking for spacious dining rooms and family gatherings around the dining room table.
Here is the article if you'd like to read more:
Broker / Realtor ®